In addition to positions listed below PRC Macro is always on the lookout for talented analysts and data scientists. Interested candidates are welcome to send in CVs and expressions of interest to research(at)prcmacro.com.
Regional Sales Director – Asia Hong Kong
A new economic information services company focused on China would like to hire a sales executive in Hong Kong with experience working with a combination of financial and corporate clients. This individual will be responsible for developing new annual subscription sales, as well as customized projects for individual clients or groups of clients.
This is a key role within a new organization whose principals have extensive experience in the economic and financial information services industries.
We are looking for a hunter.
Candidates should have their own network of contacts in a major regional financial centers (Hong Kong, Singapore, possibly Tokyo) and within related industries via institutional relationships.
Candidates with previous analytical experience are preferred, though applicants will be evaluated on overall experience and previous track record.
Competitive compensation and commission structure.
This role may involve regional travel and will require coordination with colleagues in other regions.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Establish and maintain executive level relationships in client organizations, and use the relationships to identify revenue growth possibilities
- Follow and execute a plan for product marketing and prospecting.
- Provide continuous feedback from clients and other market sources about the content, quality and possible modifications to analytical offerings.
- Contribute to design and planning of new offerings
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Solid understanding of economics and finance
- Superior communication skills – internal and client facing
- Mandarin skills a plus
- Five years’ experience selling information and research services, consulting or relevant business solutions
- Solid network of contacts in the banking, financial services and/or corporate worlds
- Previous experience working in the financial information services industry
- Knowledge of contracts and proposal process.
- Ability to work towards agreed goals with little supervision.
- Ability to analyze business opportunities, develop effective sales strategies and close business.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations to all levels of clients.
- Ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid negotiating skills
- Team player who works collaboratively with all points of the organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit essential